Google+

Yung Kash SK's Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

WYSIWYG - Like Buying Weed

Only way I can see that Websites/HTML are related to marijuana deals, is WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get. WYSIWYG is for web designers, like myself who do not know HTML code very well. Some software is fully WYSIWYG or only design, more advance stuff has HTML and WYSIWYG integrated, and some web designers don't even use software, they use Notepad++, or some other good text editor for writing computer language/code. I am only 20, and know a few things about HTML but even basic things seem very difficult to remember, so for now I don't even use software at all.

I honestly just use the integrated Blogger platform to do Web Design and Whitehat SEO. But if I was to use an integrated program it would be Dreamweaver or Kompozer, integrated HTML/WYSIWYG software. I would not use basic HTML only software, such as CoffeeCup as the design is easy but does not come with an HTML editor to check/fix code. I know I do not know HTML yet, or any other computer coding language yet, but say if I was finished with my site. I would export it to my Host and upload it and check for errors, on-page. Also if anything was to happen I could easily search for a HTML checker or something to check code, im sure there is some sort. But for now I am just Blogging away. Making a new design, especially on a more advanced program/interface like Dreamweaver/KompoZer will take quite a bit of time, could take up to a few weeks, to start.

CoffeeCup, on the other hand would still probably take a few days to create a web site, only because it is only WYSIWYG and not HTML integrated, so I wouldn't be editing or checking code until I am finished. If you do want to do CoffeeCup I recommend checking HTML after saving, and checking code. Once checked upload to host and check for on page errors.

All in All you can create a good site with any web design platform, without knowing one piece of code. You can find HTML code on the internet for adding new buttons and gadgets to Blogger as well. They give you the HTML code and show you how to edit it to redirect people to the right page. If you get a Twitter Code, you would replace every part of the code after: @ to get your User name to link with the button. Then people can visit your twitter right from your page!

Example:<a class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false" href="https://twitter.com/yungkashsk">Follow @yungkashsk</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

You would replace everything that says "yungkashsk" without quotes above to whatever your twitter username is. Paste the code after you replace your own name in the code, and add it to a Custom HTML/JavaScript Template and the Twitter user is created!

Might seem a lot of work, but this is just on-page stuff, imagine if me or you had to learn coding by hand!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google+